Recent photographs from Charlotte & Paul’s wedding at Haughley Park Barn in the bluebell wood.
Haughley Park has Six acres of landscaped gardens surround the buildings, including a main lawn on the north side of the house, Woodland garden (or Dell), Walled kitchen garden planned along Edwardian lines, and Carriage turn and round lawn in front of the house. There is a large fish pond equidistant between the House and Barn, and in recent years a new garden area was created close to the Barn to be used predominantly as a drinks lawn.
Haughley Park is a Grade 1 Jacobean manor house with 6 acres of landscaped gardens and a woodland walk as well as a selection of sculptures created by a local sculptor and friend of the family. The house is only available to visit by appointment.
The house was built in 1620. For almost two centuries the house remained in the Sulyard family. With the house under threat of demolition in 1956, Alfred Williams MBE bought the property. After a restoration in 1961 a fire gutted more the half of the house, but left the external walls standing. The restoration started again and is still on going.
There are six acres of landscaped garden including a main lawn, a woodland garden, a walled kitchen garden and a large fish pond. In 2006, large glass sculptures were added to the gardens. A short walk from behind the house leads to Woolpit woods, an old woodland, used in the middle ages as a hunting ground.
Martin Beard Photography Suffolk