Congratulations to Kelly & Fearghal who held their Anglo/Irish wedding at the beautiful Haughley Park Barn.
Haughley Park Barn is a Grade 1 Jacobean manor house with 6 acres of landscaped gardens and a woodland walk as The house is only available to visit by appointment.
The house was built in 1620. For almost two centuries the house remained in the Sulyard family. With the house under threat of demolition in 1956, Alfred Williams MBE bought the property. After a restoration in 1961 a fire gutted more the half of the house, but left the external walls standing. The restoration started again and is still on going.
There are six acres of landscaped garden including a main lawn, a woodland garden, a walled kitchen garden and a large fish pond. In 2006, large glass sculptures were added to the gardens. A short walk from behind the house leads to Woolpit woods, an old woodland, used in the middle ages as a hunting ground.